walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Quickie before lunch

Quickie before lunch

Postby Fife Flyer » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Wether Law

Date walked: 24/05/2017

Time taken: 1.75 hours

Distance: 5.5 km

Ascent: 270m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

An off the cuff dash out to try and get some sort of hill fitness.
My original plan was a solo jaunt, but I contacted George via FB and he wanted to accompany me so we arranged to leave Inverkeithing at 9am.
We arrived at the parking area before 10am and set off up the track, going through what seemed like rather alot of metal gates.
I had plotted a route into my phone and that was a 'direct' route, so once we were out of what used to be a forested area we left the track and went for it, across the tufty grass. The ascent also involved climbing over a wall and crossing a small burn.

The grass was wet so needless to say I ended up with the usual wet feet. Didn't take many photo's as there wasn't much to photograph. Reached the summit trig in under an hour.

Big thanks to George for his great company, made a change from talking to myself :lol:

Next is Drummochter, back into the big hills :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland