walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Druim Fada (Corpach)

Druim Fada (Corpach)

Postby David Tolmie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Date walked: 29/08/2010

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 640m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As part of the S6 Loch Eil trip Alan and I set off from the Outward Bound Centre at 6.45. Walked along the road then a very rough climb pushing our way through very high bracken. I was full of the cold and found climb a real struggle but views on top very good. Weather stayed dry for once and we found a far better descent through a very nice birch wood back to the centre for 10.30 to join up with students rafting.
David Tolmie
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:95   Donalds:29
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Druim Fada (Corpach)

Postby kerrera » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 pm

It's a hill I never want to do again. I did it from the centre as well.

Did you do this today? Only asking because a few days ago I was walking at the top of Loch Lundavra and there was an Outward Bound bus there, and the kids were getting dragged up Meall nan Cleireach and Beinn na Gucaig. :lol:
kerrera
Scrambler

Munros:45   Corbetts:14
Sub 2000:19   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland