walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mamores barbecue: 10 Munros & 7 tops on a very hot day

Mamores barbecue: 10 Munros & 7 tops on a very hot day

by Alteknacker » Tue May 30, 2017 1:15 am

Munros included on this walk: Am Bodach, An Gearanach, Binnein Beag, Binnein Mòr, Mullach nan Coirean, Na Gruagaichean, Sgùrr a' Mhàim, Sgùrr Èilde Mòr, Stob Bàn (Mamores), Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 25/05/2017

Time taken: 15.25 hours

Distance: 41.1 km

Ascent: 4125m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Mamores barbecue: 10 Munros & 7 tops on a very hot day

Postby teaandpies » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Wowzers, all these 10 Munro walks always blow me away! :shock: :clap:

It's a pity you didn't add on that 'potential' 11th Munro...ya know...just in case :lol: :lol:
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

Postby montie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am

Another of your epic routes Alteknacker. Its a great round, did you realy have to add another ascent hahaha
montie
Munro compleatist

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

tombombadilio wrote:
I sit soaking up sun and views. For the umpteenth time, I ponder the perfect pleasure of being in this environment; and for the umpteenth time come to the same conclusion: it is simply not explicable, nor can it be adequately articulated in prose. The reality of the experience is always so much more than words can capture. Any attempt to communicate it seems to be reduced to pointing and saying, "look, isn't it marvellous?". And one's interlocutor either gets it, or they don't. Whatever, I feel privileged that an accident of
montie wrote:Another of your epic routes Alteknacker. Its a great round, did you realy have to add another ascent hahaha
fate meant I was introduced to the hills at an early age.

Well that's a cracking bit of prose in itself, Alteknacker! My sentiments exactly.

Oh, also, cracking post/pics etc, obviously! Researching this for a mid August jaunt.

Thanks TBB. We are truly fortunate to have the hills in our lives. I hope you get similarly good weather (though perhaps I'd wish it to be a bit cooler for you than it was for me!!!).

teaandpies wrote:....

It's a pity you didn't add on that 'potential' 11th Munro...ya know...just in case :lol: :lol:

Aaaargh!!! Did I miss one...??? I can't keep up with these changing Munros...

montie wrote:Another of your epic routes Alteknacker. Its a great round, did you realy have to add another ascent hahaha

Yeah, 10 didn't seem quite enough... :-P :lol:
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby past my sell by date » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Well Sgurr an Iubhair was a Munroe at one time - promoted and then demoted If I remember correctly - which may or may not be the case :lol: :lol:
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby katyhills » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

I can't add much to the all the congratulations you've got already - but...congratulations anyway! B***dy fanatstic - and that's just the photos :lol:

I'm knackered just reading it too. They're some set of hills. I'm still working my way round them, but my knees can only manage two or three of them at a time.
Bask in the glory for as long as possible. It's a superb achievement. :clap:
katyhills
Walker

Munros:120   Corbetts:28
Fionas:7   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby Alteknacker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 pm

past my sell by date wrote:Well Sgurr an Iubhair was a Munroe at one time - promoted and then demoted If I remember correctly - which may or may not be the case :lol: :lol:

Ah, I'm saved then :lol: ... since I did summit this one :D

katyhills wrote:I can't add much to the all the congratulations you've got already - but...congratulations anyway! B***dy fanatstic - and that's just the photos :lol:

I'm knackered just reading it too. They're some set of hills. I'm still working my way round them, but my knees can only manage two or three of them at a time.
Bask in the glory for as long as possible. It's a superb achievement. :clap:

Thanks - I was very lucky with the weather (one might say a bit too lucky!) but they are a seriously photogenic set of hills, even for point and click merchants like I am.

I'm perennially surprised and grateful that my knees continue to hold up - and I'm trying to make the most of it for as long as they do!!!
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

30 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland