walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Drumochter 4

Drumochter 4

Postby Fife Flyer » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Mharconaich, Beinn Udlamain, Geal-chàrn (Drumochter), Sgàirneach Mhòr

Date walked: 29/05/2017

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 20 km

Ascent: 1220m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A pre-arranged outing with Martin who was escaping from England for the Bank holiday weekend and he didn't want to travel north without visiting a hill or two. After studying our balloons I came up with this little lot as it is a fairly easy day without travelling too far :lol:
Another good thing it would give me a chance to give my new motor a wee test drive, having said that the A9 is hardly the best road to enjoy driving on :(

Image Me at the 2nd summit (I think)

We could see as soon as we arrived that any views would be a bonus :( I did suggest (tongue firmly in cheek) that we may even get an inversion and guess what - we didn't. It got so cold and windy later on that being wimps we both put our gloves on :lol:
There isn't much to say about the walk, views were non existent, we went off piste a wee bit, plenty of ascent and descent. HUGE thanks to Martin for his company, really enjoyed the day. Final descent was interesting, the wildlife was determined to scare us. At least 4 ptarmigans, were almost stood, Martin went one better and actually stood ona rabbit or small hare.
Next for me is Moorbrock Hill and the final assault on the remaining Donalds.
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland