walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP to bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

CCP to bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Date walked: 03/06/2017

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 20.8 km

Ascent: 298m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

One week to go before my next long distance walk and my toes are still a mess from the John Muir Way which I finished 3 weeks ago. Probably shouldn't have gone out today but the temptation to try boots that have been worn once in 12 months was too strong to resist (maybe they would be the answer to my problems).

I set off from the car park around 5am on a nice bright morning and made steady rather than quick progress. I was 35:07 to Mill Dam, 59 mins to Raor Lodge and 1hr 33 mins to the bridge at the far end of Loch Ordie and a mile later at my turning point I didn't check the Garmin. To this point my little toe on either foot was OK but that was to change on the way back.

An unspectacular pace back to the car park meant a time of 3hrs 27 mins and an average moving speed of 3.7mph which is decent.

Felt really tired today, having changed to night shift it does seem to take it out of me and the legs felt like jelly from the off this morning. Worse, the little toes are painful again after only 13 miles which is a bit scary when next Saturday I start a 330 mile walk. Dread to think what the state of my toes will be 3 weeks today.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland