our_route.gpx Open full screen NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts
Great warm weather for a good walk from Great Langdale.
My first time on the Climber's Traverse for over a decade, then a traverse of the fine Allen Crags to Rosthwaite Fell ridge - taking in all the tops on route and finally a debut walk through Langstrath and a re-ascent of Stake Pass.
- Bowfell's summit structure from the top of The Band
- I was keen to get back on the Climber's Traverse and it didn't disappoint - a splendid route into the heart of the mountain
- Bowfell Butress ahead
- The climb up the side of Flat Crags
- Top of Great Slab - mist coming in
- Misty Bowfell summit - soon cleared
- Esk Pike ahead
- Glaramara Ridge from Esk Pike
- Glaramara from Allen Crags
- Red Beck Top
- Main summit from Looking Stead
- Comb Head from the main top
- Rosthwaite Fell ahead from Combe Head. Loads of up and downs between Allen Crags and here.
- Combe Head and Glaramara from Comb Door Top
- Rosthwaite Cam from Dovenest Crag - the Hewitt of Rosthwaite Fell but not the Wainwright
- Back to Dovenest Crag from Rosthwaite Cam
- Rosthwaite Cam
- Bessyboot ahead
- Back along the ridge from Bessyboot
- Rough and steep descent to Langstrath. Today's walk was a great route but this bit needed much care.
- Marching alongside the river up Langstrath - a lovely valley
- Stake Pass ahead. I'd have to go back over this but it was generously graded with what looked to be a new path making zig zags on it's way up.
- Looking back at Langstrath, with the descent from Rosthwaite Fell visible and Skiddaw in view
- Over Stake Pass now and ready to drop down into Mickleden