walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ArgyllGoSlow - Getting Slower

ArgyllGoSlow - Getting Slower

Postby ArgyllGoSlow » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: The Brack

Date walked: 26/06/2017

Time taken: 5 hours

Ascent: 787m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Despite starting over half an hour ahead of my walking companions they overtook me on the way up the Brack today.

I immediately hit a problem when I started up the path - my legs appeared to be too wee!!! But I managed to pull myself up and started heading up through the trees. It was hot for me and I stopped to get bitten by midges on a few occasions. Through the trees and started heading up the hill. The path was easy to follow. Looked back and saw my walking companions heading up. They had 3 dogs with them, I felt like a prisoner on the run...well may be not. They caught up with me below the Lochan and headed up to the summit before me.

Great views over to Ben Ime, The Cobbler, and Beinn Narnainn and Ben Lomond. Could see Ailsa Craig and different view to Arrochar than normal. There was not much of breeze and the midges were biting again

Headed down the hill , not as bad as I had thought it would be. Just got to take care and concentrate so do not slip.

When we got back to the road my legs felt a bit weak and wobbly, no, I mean felt strong and stable. I knew that I would find The Brack hard so really pleased to have eventually climbed it.
ArgyllGoSlow
Mountaineer

Munros:54   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:15   

Re: ArgyllGoSlow - Getting Slower

Postby basscadet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks for the laugh :D

Never done the brack which my OH thinks is weird, but if you have lived up north or in Aberdeen all your life like me, its a bit of a PITA to get to, so that my excuse..
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland