walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn Mairg circuit from Invervar

Carn Mairg circuit from Invervar

by Alan S » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Route description: Càrn Gorm, Meall Garbh, Càrn Mairg & Creag Mhòr

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Gorm, Càrn Mairg, Creag Mhòr (Meall na Aighean), Meall Garbh (Càrn Mairg)

Date walked: 01/03/2009

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1310m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Carn Mairg circuit from Invervar

Postby Freewheelin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:54 am

Anti-clockwise wouldn't be too bad, but I would have to agree with Alan and recommend the clockwise route to give you an easier start and a quick return to your car.

Keep your eyes peeled for the turning for the car park when driving up there too - easily missed!
Freewheelin

Munros:184   Corbetts:32
Fionas:7   Donalds:21

Re: Carn Mairg circuit from Invervar

Postby Colin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Very satisfying this one when you finish. 4 bagged in one day has to be good! Had very bad weather, almost continuous drizzle. Climb to the top of the first was a nightmare, got soaked through. After that, with good weather it would be a lovely wander over the undulating tops. Only view I got was just like the photo in the report - looking back down Glen Lyon. Lost the path on the way down, but I'm not sure there was one to start with. At the bottom I had to hurdle several field fences and dodge the livestock to get onto the road. Prepared for a good distance walk along the road, I was delighted to find that the next corner produced the red post box!!

Would do this one again in better weather.
Colin

Munros:122   
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland