walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Buachaille Etive Mor

Buachaille Etive Mor

Postby pigeon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Route description: Buachaille Etive Mòr

Munros included on this walk: Stob Dearg (Buachaille Etive Mòr), Stob na Bròige (Buachaille Etive Mòr)

Date walked: 27/09/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started from car park at 9 20 got to top of stob dearg in 2 hours where i met Dennis and Ally with whom i completed the rest of the walk .Good day not as difficult asi thought it would be poor views in thick cloud was the only down side .Thanks again to the 2 falkirk lads for letting me tag along :D
Attachments
246.jpg
the bauchaille from car park
248.jpg
the way up
253.jpg
me on stob dearg summit
255.jpg
probably the only cloud break of the day
260.jpg
some grouse in there somewhere
261.jpg
me and ally on stob nabroige summit
263.jpg
looking along glen coe
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:127
Fionas:41   Donalds:39+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Re: Buachaille Etive Mor

Postby skuk007 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Not the best of days for this walk but you got some good atmospheric pics there. I guess Glencoe is one of those places which rarely has a "I don't want to be here" moment. I expect others may disagree. :)
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland