walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Kilbreck on the way home.

Kilbreck on the way home.

Postby bacon1981 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am

Route description: Ben Klibreck

Munros included on this walk: Ben Klibreck

Date walked: 22/07/2017

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After finishing Ben hope at one o'clock I had to drive south past Ben Kilbreck to get home. I had thought about possibly doing both these hills in the same day I parked in the layby start point. The weather was brilliant and it seemed to good to pass by.
Half way up Cnoc Sgriodain I started to wonder if it was still a good idea, a very tough boggy ascent never been so pleased to see a cairn. Another boggy section to get over to Creag an Lochain but then it's an easy walk across the side of the hill. Got to the bottom of Ben Kilbreck and started up the rocky ascent to the top. Got to the top and the views were amazing.
The stoney descent was slow going, a bit slippery in places but the walking was good back over to Cnoc Sgriodain. The descent down was quite hard on the tired legs and knees also quite slippery in places.
Back to the van for seven, tired but chuffed to get the north munros done and my first blue pegs on the map.
bacon1981
Mountaineer

Munros:125   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland