walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Beinn a Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Postby seadog » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 am

Route description: Beinn a' Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chochuill, Beinn Eunaich

Date walked: 25/09/2010

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1254m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My mate Sandy and I did this walk on Sat. setting off from the B8077 at NN 137288 through the gate marked Castle Estate Farm and followed the Hydro road to a junction comming in from the right we followed this for a wee bit to NN 125316 then turned left onto the steep grass there was no evident path but we just kept going up untill after a bit there was a path which we followed untill we reached the ridge where we turned left ( west ) towards the summit of Beinn a Chochuill ahead of us we could see a rocky top which we thought was the top but that was a bit of wishfull thinking as wee still had a good bit to go, so after 3hrs 5 min. we reached the top and I must say we could see for miles, Ben Nevis, Ben More on Mull, the hills of Glen Coe, and not forgetting Cruachan and Stob Diamh, some people could have named most of the hills we could see but not me, anyway the weather was so good we sat at the top for more than half an hour enjoying our tea and the views, then headed for Beinn Eunaich quite a drop down to the bealach at 728m then up through the rocks to the summit and another tea break and a wee bleather to other walkers we had met earlier, on a day like this you dont want to leave but time was getting on and we still had a bit to go so off went following the path south down the ridge to Stob Maol and then off to the right down the very steep hillside to join the Hydro road again and back to the car, looking back on it we could have stayed on the ridge to the end and saved a bit of a walk on the road,anyway thats my report. I took a few photos but as you will see I am not much of a photographer and must have touched a wee dial on the camera which puts a border round the photos still youll get the idea.
Seadog
Attachments
S4010105.JPG
S4010103.JPG
S4010102.JPG
S4010102.JPG
S4010101.JPG
S4010098.JPG
S4010095.JPG
S4010094.JPG
S4010090.JPG
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Re: Beinn a Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Postby iainwatson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:08 pm

nice report and fun photos with the borders,lol

i did these 2 a while back but went on and did cruacan and stob diamh to complete a great,if not long,circuit of the 4.took me 9 hours and that was with a lift back to my van in dalmally(thankfully,i was knackered,lol)
iainwatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   

Re: Beinn a Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Postby rwherlock » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:31 am

Enjoyed the photos, now I know what I could have seen when I climbed these two back in September. All I managed to see was thick cloud being driven by gale force winds up the mountains. Soaked to the bone that day. So much water had collected in my coat pockets I could have kept a couple of goldfish happily in each.
rwherlock
Hill Bagger

Munros:6   
Hewitts:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland