walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glas Charn en route

Glas Charn en route

Postby Benaden887 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Glas-charn

Date walked: 22/07/2017

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 560m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Glas-charn 22nd July 8km 560m 3hrs

3 km. W of Genfinnan before the Allt feith a` Chatha. I park and take a track N thro the forest - across a bridged burn to follow the river up heading for a col below Sidhean Mor. My last time here was for a winter ridge ascent to the Corbett of Sgurr an Utha. A cracking day out. Cross a dried basin W, then leave the burn for the crags. There`s a wee bit o up an down over good rock to a flat area, with lochans and a cluster of tops. The highest has the cairn. Good views down loch Eil and the Rois Bheinn group - The northern side - steep, hides Loch Beoraid, and shows the Graham pair of An Stac and Meith Bheinn, still on my to do list. Apart from the Munro of Coireachan, this is Corbett country - 9 within easy reach. It`s a great day, warm with a breeze, a place one could linger - but, I`m Hebridean bound, so return to the car and head for Mallaig
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Benaden887
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:153   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:46
Wainwrights:39   
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland