walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White Mounth circuit with Tom Bhudhe and Tolmount

White Mounth circuit with Tom Bhudhe and Tolmount

Postby terminalsump » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:02 am

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr, Lochnagar, Tolmount, Tom Buidhe

Date walked: 31/05/2017

Time taken: 9.48 hours

Distance: 38.41 km

Ascent: 1681m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

In the winter of 1998, I summited Tolmount and had to abandon an attempt to climb Tom Buidhe as the weather had turned. Wind on 19 years and i decided to tackle the White Mounth circuit with the addition of Tolmount and Tom Buidhe to correct the error ...

I was accompanied by Dad, who took the slow route to the top of Lochnagar, with a plan to meet him on the return. I met him as we approached the car park ! An epic but very long day. I was exhausted when arriving back at the spittal of Glen Muick.

wm.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

ImageIMG_2452 by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageLochnagar by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageSummit Cliffs, Lochnagar by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageTowards Lochnagar by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageLochnagar Summit by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageThe Cairngorms by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageTowards Cairn Bannoch by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageWing on Carn an t-Sagairt Mor by Morgan Tim, on Flickr

ImageTom Buidhe Summit by Morgan Tim, on Flickr
terminalsump
Scrambler

Munros:268   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:5
Islands:2

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland