walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bring a stone next time

Bring a stone next time

Postby Coop » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Route description: Beinn Each from Loch Lubnaig

Munros included on this walk: Stùc a' Chròin

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 04/08/2017

Time taken: 6.1 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1100m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I'm advocating bring a stone day- help this wee cairn grow. :) we've all seen small ones but this is pitiful!!

Told myself I'm going to try and only travel further afield once a week/ fortnight due to the distance travelled/ petrol money and knackered driving back.
As I'd been out on Monday it was something localish ( dont think that's a word) for me today.
Beinn Each and a wee add on - Stuc a chroin from a different angle this time.
Signpost at the layby, signpost when you're through the forest and a signpost point uphill when you've forded the wee stream. Up hill plod all the way basically to the wee cairn. Loch Lubnaig views behind and loch earn in front.
From here there's some rusty fence posts basically all the way to Stuc a chroin ( which I saw nothing from- again!!)

I wasn't going all the way back the same way so at the 1st beallach I cut down through a wee bit of scree and headed left of the crags. A faint stalkers path is picked up eventually which hits the main track a few hundred metres along from where it is signposted to head up ( on the ascent)

Roughly about 14km and about 1100 M ascent taking into consideration the wee bumps you go up and down on the way to Stuc a chroin and back to the beallach

Top tip- I'd you haven't climbed Stuc a chroin I'd advise doing it from loch earn via vorlich, and enjoy the wee scrambly bit up and the scree on the way down.

Cap doffed to Beinn Each
Cheers

Ps - remember and bring a stone :D

Note to self- go the right way off the 1st summit and don't wait until after 100 metres and say to yourself " I should be going the other way "
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Re: Bring a stone next time

Postby Emmanuelle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Entertaining account! In case it helps, Ive never had a view from Stuc a'Chroinn! But I've had beautiful views of it on my way to work on many occasions... :lol:
Emmanuelle
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:78
Fionas:6   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:4   
Wainwrights:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland