walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Jacks first hill - Benarty

Jacks first hill - Benarty

Postby DaveH82 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:36 am

Route description: Benarty Hill, near Ballingry

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Benarty Hill

Date walked: 03/08/2017

Time taken: 2.15 hours

Distance: 4.85 km

Ascent: 321m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had been looking forward to getting Jack (aged 5) out in the hills with me for a while so the time had finally come. He impressed me the whole way with his enthusiasm and confidence for getting up the hill. It only took us 40 minutes to reach the top, where he asked if we could walk further along towards Mulla Craig, so off we went. He thouroughly enjoyed himself and so did I. On the way back down he spoke of where I would take him next. I'm thinking of Ben vrakie, then possibly his first Munro before the end of the year. Looking forward to many more days out in the hills with my son and new walking partner. :D
DaveH82
Mountain Walker

Munros:183   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:1
Islands:3

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland