walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - bridge at north end of Loch Ordie

CCP - bridge at north end of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Date walked: 06/08/2017

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 18.7 km

Ascent: 242m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Since I finished Offa's Dyke/Glyndwr Way I haven't really felt like doing much. Normally after my June walks I head for the hills and up my Corbett and Munro count but this year I seem happy to mhead for Dunkeld and just settle for a bit of exercise and it was the same again this morning.

I left the car park at 6:10am and it was a really nice morning for walking. I made good speed to Mill Dam (34:04) and Raor Lodge (56:20) but must have lost a bit of pace in the last section arriving at the far end of Loch Ordie in 1hr 30 mins. A couple of weeks ago I would have been delighted with that time but lately I've been in the 1hr 20's so I was a little bit disappointed but an average pace of 3.9mph on the uphill half of the walk is still good going.

My pace felt good on the way back but I was surprised to do 1hr 24 mins on the way back as I was just hoping to get under an hour and a half so an overall time of 2hrs 54 mins at an average speed of 4mph was really pleasing.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland