walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lucky White Heather?

Lucky White Heather?

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Route description: Chno Dearg and Stob Coire Sgriodain

Munros included on this walk: Chno Dearg, Stob Coire Sgriodain

Date walked: 16/08/2017

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 915m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

No! Very annoying purple heather filling my boots and stabbing my feet!!! :( :( :(

Apart from the jaggy heather and the endlessly endless peat hags this was a smashing day out with WH legend GLW :D :D

The weather was a bit changeable but never too cold and was only annoyingly windy at the summits. 8) 8)

Not the Fisherfields expedition we had planned but better than staying at home pondering what might have been.

Big thanks to Gammy for his company and keeping his eye on me- especially if he noticed I was getting too cold!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This must really be on his mind since he bought me a lovely new quilty jacket- cheers Willie XXXX
cn1.jpg
cn2.jpg
cn3.jpg
cn4.jpg
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Lucky White Heather?

Postby gammy leg walker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 am

Aye the cold fair makes you perk up :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland