walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn a chlamain

Carn a chlamain

Postby Coop » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Route description: Càrn a'Chlamain

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Chlamain

Date walked: 16/08/2017

Time taken: 6.333 hours

Distance: 27 km

Ascent: 930m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had planned for Glenshiel today but circumstances changed (hopefully now sun or mon)
So Glen Tilt it was instead

Early rise and walking by 0730. Rain and wind forecast for later in the day.

Good paths all the way today . Signposted ( yellow waymarkers) all the way to Gilbert's bridge.

Didn't really believe the diamond gate until it appeared beside me today - quality.
Looking across and Carn liath and BCCB summits were covered in cloud so I wasn't expecting carn a chlamain to be any different.
Crossed the wooden bridge ( big heron flew off it) and turned left and straight up the hill where it joined a track which led almost to the summit. Few cairns on the way up and the last one I turned off and headed up the final bit to the summit - covered in clag !!
Sat down out the wind for 5 minutes and had a coffee. Jacket on gloves on and headed back down.
After a bit I looked back up and got a good view of the summit and " kinda corrie and kinda ridgeline".
Typical eh!!.
Crossed Gaws bridge on the way back and decided to follow the yellow waymarkers rather than go over Gilbert's bridge. It adds about a km on but it's probably quicker.
A quicker walk than I thought it would be - nice scenery ( apart from up top) and felt good being back in this area.

Cap doffed to Carn a chlamain
Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland