walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

No innuendos

No innuendos

Postby Coop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Route description: Five Sisters of Kintail

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Fhuaran, Sgùrr na Càrnach, Sgùrr na Ciste Duibhe

Date walked: 20/08/2017

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 15.5 km

Ascent: 1385m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Weather was just about perfect today. No rain no wind no cold, hardly any mist.

And so it was again. Up that steep boggy "path" to the forest edge then pick a point and head up ( youl pick up a faint path somewhere/ eventually) to the beallach between the brothers and sisters.

To the gent with his family heading over the brothers ridge. Happy 100th to your good self.
Hope your legs held out and you made it to Ciste Dhubh- I've still got that one 2 climb and I'll be glad to get back to this beautiful glen sooner rather than later.

Hard part is behind you now. Now it was time to saviour and enjoy the sisters ridge.
I had read numerous reports about " the spaniard" and to stay right on the descent - go left and you'll fall into kazakdoom or Mordors fires.

So the pole got stowed; the spiderman gloves came out and up I went and I stayed right and down i came.

It ain't too bad really but I will say that coming down from sgurr na carnach was actually trickier in my book.
Nice touch from someone who had left a wee miniature of balvennie and a picture ( of a relative maybe) on Na Carnach and Fhuaran.

Fantastic views all day. Bits of cloud came and went. Only on Sgurr an Fhuaran did the cloud obscure the views.
Didn't mater really.
The SGS and Forcan ridges looked fantastic today as did the views out over Loch Duich and beyond to the islands.
One other point about the walk I had planned on hitching so I was looking for a way off the ridfe earlier so I'd planned to head left at the bogs at the end and go down .
Pretty steep so it was back up and across the bogs. Wee skip over the stream and along the path down to the village. Great path and great walk back - so glad I did it
Even happier when I got down to the Jac o bite at quarter to 5 and had a chat to a woman who said she was waiting for the bus at 1648. Ya beauty says me quietly.
Here was me thinking there was only one at about half 6.
There was another lad going to Inverness so he hopped on along to the Cluanie ( all the best with your last 20 pal)
Someone up there had my back today

And I saw a young stoat up on the ridge. I stayed still for a while as I watched it popping it's head up and down looking at me. Chuffed

Cheers to the sisters

And

Thoughts go to the family of the motorcyclist killed in the tragic accident on the A82 - glencoe
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland