walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bynack Mor

Bynack Mor

Postby Coop » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Route description: Bynack More from Glenmore

Munros included on this walk: Bynack More

Date walked: 04/09/2017

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 22.5 km

Ascent: 756m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

An impromptu couple of days away. Glenmore yh booked st the last minute so I left at 5 and headed up there. Parked the car. Pfaffed about and was walking up the path behind the lodge at 0845 heading for Bynack Mor. I stayed on the wee path higher up rather than the track. Both lead to the wee green lochan where a couple of fairies were spotted washing their clothes.
Then it was round the good path all the way to the bridge- passing ryvoan bothy on the left on the way. The wind was starting to pick up but the rain hadn't amounted too much yet.
Onwards on the goid path where it starts geting rockier towards the summit where the great views all around amounted to nil.

Nice big cairn and not a lot to hang about for today. Not another sole up there today. Everyone I spoke to later seemed to have been on the Corbett behind the hostel!!

Rained on the way down for a bit but the strong wind was with me this time on the descent.

Back down to the lochan and a good chat with a couple of Germans before I headed back along the good track to the lodge.
And a visit to the reindeer centre and a drive up to the ski centre/ base station to have a look at tomorrow's planned outing. The weather's supposed to be better tomorrow so hopefully some views.

Good leg stretcher and a nice area to walk through
Cap doffed Bynack Mor.
Cheers.
Coop
Mountaineer

Munros:259   Corbetts:95
Grahams:40   Donalds:54
Sub 2000:7   
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland