walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Good Workout Horseshoe

A Good Workout Horseshoe

Postby The Cowboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Route description: Beinn Dubh - Glen Striddle horseshoe, Luss

Grahams included on this walk: Beinn Dubh

Date walked: 11/03/2009

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I did this walk on 08th June 2008. It was my 14th walk. I only took up hillwalking at the end of March 2008.
Found this walk a good workout. Beinn Dubh can be tricky when wet due to boggy sections, also steeper sections get the circulation going!. The walk round from the top of Beinn Dubh onto Mid hill can, again, be tricky when wet underfoot, due to peat bogs which have to be crossed with care. The decent of Mid hill can be steep. Alround views are fantastic right from the start of the walk from the car park at Luss. Once down Mid hill a nice walk along the country road back to Luss giving you time to catch your breath again and look back on what has been achieved.
The Cowboy
Mountain Walker

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Grahams:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland