walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A beautiful trek up the big chonzie via monument Rd

A beautiful trek up the big chonzie via monument Rd

Postby Topdonnie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Route description: Ben Chonzie via Glen Lednock

Munros included on this walk: Ben Chonzie

Date walked: 14/09/2017

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 12.5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Got bus to Comrie. Soldiered onward to the deils cauldron restaurant and began my trek up monument road, good 4/5 miles took me 1 hr 40 to reach the Ben chonzie car park where I proceeded thru the gate and Sat on the old wooden log refueling up, after 30 min rest I started to follow the track over the wee bridge nd onto the pathway up. Taking some pics of the beautiful surroundings on the way. Reached the dam and spoke to a polite couple who were descending. As I went onward I couldn't believe how beautiful the reddy purple Heather was and such a decent trail upward. I kept soldiering on to the little cairn on left hand side, I could see the weather was a bit torrential over the way I was going so got the waterproofs out over my thermal wear and started left at the cairn crossing over the little burn and baring right up to the fence posts the wind and rain were powerful and hard and very slight visibility but trudged onward to the top in slippy wet conditions. I had my salamon gt4x trail shoes on with my low ankle gators and the proved worthy (these are the best outdoor footwear I've had on my feet) I got all the way up to the summit and had a hot drink near the rock shelter before starting my descent. I eventually got out of the mist and rain and followed the trail back down to the bottom and walking down monument road to treat myself with fish n chips from the wee chippie on the corner and got on the bus home feeling replenished and proud that I had summited another munro. Definitely a good one Ben chonzie will do again sometime.
Topdonnie
Munro compleatist

Munros:2   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland