walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Magnificent Seventh... and 8.

The Magnificent Seventh... and 8.

Postby adamski » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chochuill, Beinn Eunaich

Date walked: 08/10/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Dear Friends

Halo again! Few weeks have passed since I done any walking but the weather was dreadful. But today I decided to go. So I drove to Drishaig just before Loch Awe village in Argyll and started walking. Lots of people know this route, it is easy and pleasurable to walk along on the old road along Allt Mhoille , which takes You to the base of Beinn a'Chochuill and from the summit backwards along the ridge to Beinn Eunaich and descend to Homestead Castles Farm. I have done it other way around. I have reached Stob Maol first. The ascent is not challenging and there are few little plateaus giving Me a plenty of rest. Surprising, the ground was pretty dry. After the summit of Beinn Eunaich I met Stuart and Robert comming from opposite direction. I hope they had fun. The weather was quite misty and very windy on the both tops. Visibility was poor on the summits. But I had a great day. I have one picture only but I will upload it later. All the best for Tony an ex rambo-commano and his dog.
Attachments
Beinn a'Chochuill.jpg
adamski
Hill Bagger

Munros:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland