walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a' Chrulaiste

Beinn a' Chrulaiste

Postby Coop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Route description: Beinn a'Chrulaiste from Altnafeidh

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a'Chrulaiste

Date walked: 14/09/2017

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 652m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Been feeling poorly all week but itching to get back on the hills. Didn't want to travel too far today. I thought of going back up Buachille etive beag then thought of this Corbett and the different view of the big Bookil.
Late start- as I slept in, so it was quarter go 9 when I left the car and headed the opposite way along the WHW for a bit.
Then it was up the boggy path for a bit- for "path" please read "a few boggy footprint holes.
Pick a point really and start heading up to be summit- great views across to Stob Dearg and the Glens and behind through Glencoe.
Up over the wee cairn on Stob Beinn a chrulaiste.
Up further and Blackwater reservoir comes into view and then the trig appears within its cairned shelter. Pottered about for 10 minutes and had a bite to eat enjoying some of the views. Felt a bit cold and thought of putting the fleece on but the gloves did the trick.
Time to head down. Thought of going over and down to the Kingshouse but just went down the way i came up.
Had to stop for a minute and look up to the Devils staircase. It was like a super highway of WHW Walkers heading up it. Wow. Never seen that many before. Obviously because I've never been there at the same location at the same
time.
Good on them all - hope there aren't many sore feet.

Cheers to Beinn a chrulaiste
Coop
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:114
Grahams:48   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland