walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

1 Down 282 to go

1 Down 282 to go

Postby Raven » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Route description: Ben Wyvis, near Garve

Munros included on this walk: Ben Wyvis

Date walked: 10/10/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 935m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I have to apologize to start off with as I have no photos as I think I have left my camera at work, but I plan to get back up there as its on my door step almost.

Left Inverness early on but once I got in car park I saw some folk already making their way back.
It was very dry under foot and not much mud about
Lovely day for it bright and sunny but very windy up top just prior to the cairns I found a good few folk already there discussing if to carry on further.
I left my pack in the shelter of the first cairn and made my way to the summit and did not hang about as it was rather wild at times but in between the clouds I got a couple of glimpse of the views.
It was a bit chilly and windy so I quickly made my way to collect my pack and made my way part of the way back down to have a quick feed and a brew.
I made slow progress on the way down as it was such a lovely day I wanted to take full advantage of it.
One down 282 to go!
Raven
Munro compleatist

Munros:8   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:3   
Location: Inverness & Libya North Africa only when things settle down again

Re: 1 Down 282 to go

Postby skuk007 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Well done Raven, we all got to start somewhere.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby andyfitz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Its not 282 to go its 1 under the belt. The rest are easy (probably!).
Did you take your dugs with you. Post some pics of them next time out. I have black, yellow and choc labs ( and weimeraner and daschund). All baggers, except the daschund - that would be ridiculous. Best of weather and luck for the other 282.
andyfitz

Munros:191   Corbetts:12
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:18

Postby Raven » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

[quoteIts not 282 to go its 1 under the belt. The rest are easy (probably!).
Did you take your dugs with you. Post some pics of them next time out. I have black, yellow and choc labs ( and weimeraner and daschund). All baggers, except the daschund - that would be ridiculous. Best of weather and luck for the other 282.][/quote]

Thanks you are right lol
I took both the dogs with me and it was all ok until we got to the first cairn and as I said it was blowing a bit but the dogs managed it no trouble at all as I did once I ditched my pack.
Im hoping I left my cam at work if not its gone missing :(
I shall sort out some pics of them next time out which I hope to bag one more before returning to work
Raven
Munro compleatist

Munros:8   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:3   
Location: Inverness & Libya North Africa only when things settle down again

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland