walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Conic Hill Conquered

Conic Hill Conquered

Postby mprovan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Route description: Conic Hill, Balmaha

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Conic Hill

Date walked: 19/10/2017

Time taken: 2 hours

Ascent: 361m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I've spent many years over various hills over the years and today I decided to introduce the hills to some of the family today and took my wife and youngest son to Conic Hill in Balmaha and im pleased to say they absolutely loved it :D It was touch and go in some areas, it was overcast today and slippy underfoot so some of the section towards the summit was very slippy, but what a feeling to get to the top.

Although the weather was not the best, you could still see for miles and Loch Lomond and its islands were looking amazing.

We thoroughly enjoyed Conic Hill and would highly recommend it for any budding hill walker and my son now wants to climb the Munros now.....think ive converted him to the great outdoors.

A huge shout out and thank you to Walkhighlands as it was your page, guide and route planner that made this journey possible.

Onto the next one now.....
mprovan

Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland