walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

THE COBBLER

THE COBBLER

Postby eddie devlin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Route description: The Cobbler, Arrochar

Corbetts included on this walk: The Cobbler

Date walked: 11/10/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Just a wee note to tell you guys about my second Corbett. I and two others did the signposted walk from Arrochar. What a great day that was. I was not in good fettle and found it was not an easy walk, but then my companions were much younger than me, most people are these days but I just let them set their own pace. Anyway we got to the Cobbler summit after much good advice from other walkers concerning the final paths to the top. What a great bunch of gentlemen and good ladies one meets on these walks, if only we could talk like that to people we meet in town. The weather was perfect, although I found my winter weight shirt a bit warm, even in the shade. There was not a breath of wind when I managed to wriggle through the Eye and we sat and had a cuppa in warm sunshine. I am sure it will not always be such
nice weather, but I can still see it all in my minds eye. We came down in the twilight and the last great view was of the Oban train with lights blazing on the far side of the Loch. A bit sore coming down hill I find, maybe my 71 years have worn me out a wee bitty, but roll on old age. cheers for now.
eddie devlin
Hill Bagger

Re: THE COBBLER

Postby magicdin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Well done Eddie :D - I hope I'm still going up the Cobbler when I'm 71
magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland