walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben donich

ben donich

Postby eddie devlin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Route description: Ben Donich, via Rest and Be Thankful

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Donich

Date walked: 12/09/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I had been a wee bit up the Donich, about half way I thought, so again I was firmly put in my place by the terrain.
I had only been about a fifth of the way, but again all the good folk I met gave me useful good advice, some of it
kindly put and I got there to be almost blown off. Being still a new boy in terms of hills, but not of being over one,
I was still struggling and even more so coming down, any hints on training for this would be helpful. But again, what views and moments of peace and zen thoughts I get on the hills. I am so lucky to be able still to do this stuff. The hill is full of deep ravines and crevasses, which I am sure were full of creatures watching me. Still that was my first Corbett and I felt
great when I got back to the car and managed to get my Brashers off without falling over or swearing. You might note that there is not much technical info in my diary, but I just like to get out there and wander in my mind, keeping to the paths of course. I have a gps but only use it for distance and height etc. talk to you . cheers.
eddie devlin
Hill Bagger

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland