walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Donich

Ben Donich

Postby Coop » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Route description: Ben Donich, via Rest and Be Thankful

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Donich

Date walked: 22/11/2017

Time taken: 2.75 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 575m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Left early to make sure I was walking by 8 as the rain was forecast to be heading up
Nice short walk today. About 11/2 hrs to the summit and just less than that on the descent.

Treateď to a nice cloud inversion which was over inverary way somewhere. I reckon if you were on Cruachan today you'd have had a good view as well. Nice views from the trig and another different view of the cobbler and friends
Snowed lightly on the summit and descent . Which soon turned to rain by the time I was back at the car!!
Never really gave Corbetts and "smaller hills" much thought when I started on this journey, but my views have changed somewhat recently and I'm enjoying them.

Cheers to Ben Donich
Coop
Mountain Walker

Munros:262   Corbetts:100
Grahams:41   Donalds:57
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:3
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland