walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn na irmirean

Beinn na irmirean

Postby anthonyrjackson10 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 am

Date walked: 04/12/2017

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 625m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

an easy Corbett!
start at the layby where just off the road heading to the farm!
go down the hill and over the bridge to the farm! follow the hill route marker taking you over the back of the farm and to an old set of kennels!
my advice take the new road over the bridge as aposed to following the grassy slopes! this track leads you up to a small dam just after a gate!
then follow the grassy slopes up over meall garbh and on to the Corbett about another 1km. it is boggy at times but easy walking
trace you way back down the same way!
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

anthonyrjackson10
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:186
Fionas:8   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:9   

Re: Beinn na irmirean

Postby past my sell by date » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 pm

3 hours PDQ . Try it in mist with the peat hags full of soft snow and the top well nigh impossible to find: took me that time just to get up :lol: :lol:
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby anthonyrjackson10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:14 pm

conditions were kind to us!
anthonyrjackson10
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:186
Fionas:8   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:9   

Postby jmarkb » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:11 pm

past my sell by date wrote:3 hours PDQ . Try it in mist with the peat hags full of soft snow and the top well nigh impossible to find: took me that time just to get up :lol: :lol:

I also did it on a snowy, misty day. It was surprisingly busy, because several teams heading for Meall Ghlas had just blindly followed the first folk on the hill that day, and ended up on Imirean instead! :roll:
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland