walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners - November

Walk Report Winners - November

Postby Webtogs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

Date walked: 08/12/2017

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The time for picking November's walk reports of the month has been and gone, so apologies for our slow announcement. As we all know this time of year gets particularly busy with all of the present buying and wrapping, organising Christmas parties, decorating and of course working!

November was another fantastic month for walk reports and all were a pleasure to read. It was great to see that the regular reporters had been out and about and also a few less familiar faces having a go at writing up their adventures. As always there can only be one winner and one runner up, but if we could give everyone a prize we would.

The first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs goes to EmmaKTunskeen for her report 'Dark - imposing! - Lochnagar' We particularly enjoyed the dramatic pictures featured in this report, and it was nice to see quite a few great wildlife shots as we know they can be difficult to get when you're scrambling to get your camera.

The runner's up prize of £30 to spend at Webtogs goes to katyhills for her report 'So much more Mamore...' Hopefully this prize encourages you to keep writing up your reports for us all to enjoy reading. This walk looked to be particularly enjoyable with great weather that made for some fantastic pictures.

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to write up a walk report this month. They always bring entertainment to the Webtogs office and priceless information and tips for other walkers. We hope everyone has a great December full of adventures, and we look forward to reading the reports!
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Walk Report Winners - November

Postby Alteknacker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Well done Emma and Katy. I thoroughly enjoyed both these reports. Well-deserved wins :clap: :clap: :clap:
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby katyhills » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Aw shucks - I've only just discovered this! Thanks Alteknacker :)

I'm quite stunned and very grateful. I really enjoyed Emma's report - she thoroughly deserved her winnings :D

Many thanks indeed to the 'powers that be' and I'll enjoy spending my dosh - especially as I've injured my foot and haven't been out recently. :D
katyhills
Walker

Munros:120   Corbetts:28
Fionas:7   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Shucks here too, and thank you both! Katy, yours inspired me to go exploring, I really enjoyed it. :D

I did see this on Friday, but only after I'd read "I nearly went out with a bang", which made me laugh, and then Tommy's first Munro, or "Cystic Fibrosis-Stob Dubh the hard way!", which was humbling and inspiring. So I was a bit gobsmacked. I have parked the lovely Webtogs winnings for when a tree nicks my axe or some such ;-). Meanwhile Cystic Fibrosis Trust have had a little pressie. I'm even more humbled today because a late start, hip-deep snow and finally one too many sudden plunges beat me today as I tried to swim up Ben Lui. (Hill of the calf? Hill of the upper thigh, more like!)
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Sorry, Katy, I meant to wish you a speedy foot-recovery! x
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland