walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Chuirn

Beinn Chuirn

Postby Coop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Route description: Beinn Chuirn, Dalrigh

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Chuirn

Date walked: 10/12/2017

Time taken: 5.333 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 706m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Parked st Dalrigh and was walking by 8. It's only a short downhill to the car park but it caused me a lot of drama grtting back up it later on- as it was a sheet of ice!!

Followed the good track round over the bridge, under the railway and up to Coronish farm following the river. Icy track but not much bother.
Views tremendous today with Ben lui looking rather majestic and beihind Bens Challum, More and Stob Binnien were all impressive.
Up to the 2nd gate and as per WH I carried on another couple of hundred yards and decided to head straight up keeping left of Eas Anie and heading for the stream.
The stream was frozen solid but I wasn't risking it , so I found a decent crossing just by the wee frozen waterfall and boulder hoped across.
On up through the snow up to the summit and wow factor again.
Cruachan and partners looked outstanding as did Starav? and friends.
First real time my ears started to get really cold so the hat went back on and down I went.

Followed my own footsteps back down only this time I gingerly crossed the icy stream- don't try this at home kids :D
Met a couple on the way up who are part of the MBA looking after the bothys - cheers folks.
On down, only this time I cut down towards the gate where there is probably a wet path under the snow
Track back again to the car park where the fun began with the car and trying to get out of the car park. Up and down a few times.!!
Up backwards a few times and down a few times.!!
Another car exactly the same. Won't go on and on - I'd just like to thank whoever left a set of car mats lying around as they gave us the traction needed under the wheels to slowly get the cars up and out.
Maybe whoever owns the land could salt the path or ask the gritters to pop down !!

Great walk great views.

Almost never got out of the car park!!!

Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland