walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lendrick Hill

Lendrick Hill

Postby U059361 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

Date walked: 12/12/2017

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 9.8 km

Ascent: 461m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Was looking for a short walk on a crisp cold sunny morning and this fitted the bill perfectly. I'd walked this before the visitor gateway had been built and wondered how much had changed. The parking is good and the variety of walks has increased, there is even a track up behind the hill over to Loch Finglas so I thought I'd have a look and save that for another day.
From the car park there are a number of routes to choose from, I went left along the red route and slowly climbed up the slope to reach the Great Trossachs path where I went east to find where the path leaves this track to go up and over the hill. There are great views all along this part of the track.
ImageLendrick Panorama by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
This is as far up the hill path as I went. It is worn grassy route rather than a made path like the rest of my journey. I walked back down and retraced my steps and continued along the hillside on the red route. There is a waterfall that can be viewed following a small detour down slope. It is worth a look, today it had icicles.
ImageLendrick waterfall by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
From here the path continues at a high level round to Loch Finglas where it eventually comes out onto a road. I walked down to the loch side for a look.
ImageFinglas panorama by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
I then walked back along the road to a viewpoint and had my lunch in the sunshine.
ImageLoch Finglas by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
I followed the road till a signpost taking a made path behind Brig o' Turk which was pathed with boulders set in the ground in bits, long stretches of walk boards over boggy ground and farm track to get back to the car park. I enjoyed the sunshine and I have another walk waiting for another day.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland