walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn an Lochan

Beinn an Lochan

Postby Coop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Route description: Beinn an Lochain

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn an Lochain

Date walked: 20/12/2017

Time taken: 3.333 hours

Distance: 5.5 km

Ascent: 720m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another one closer to home and the 2nd time in 2 weeks I was in the same layby - only this time the car wasn't being blown away!
Most of the snow had gone so this made the hill even wetter and boggier!
Down to the stream and a jump onto a grassy bit and a bigger jump to get across. On the return I didn't quite make it and one foot went in. Ah well the boots needed cleaned.
The rockface in front does look daunting but there is a wee path of sorts leading round and up. One wee craggy bit to manoeuvre round but nothing too taxing today.
Mist was down and not many views - a herd of about 10 deer I saw twice made up for this though
On up the path to the summit where the were still a couple of pockets of snow dotted around.
No real views so it was back down and it cleared a little showing a bit of Loch fyne and behind me one good view of the rockface/ cliff.
Good wee walk and better than I expected.

Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:52+16
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland