walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Isle of Harris Gem - Beinn Dhubh

An Isle of Harris Gem - Beinn Dhubh

by Anne C » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Route description: Beinn Dhubh, Losgaintir

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Beinn Dhubh (Harris)

Date walked: 07/11/2017

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 506m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: An Isle of Harris Gem - Beinn Dhubh

Postby past my sell by date » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Anne C wrote:
past my sell by date wrote:It was at least twelve years ago - maybe the owner has changed :D

You made me curious about the castle and its artwork - in fact, it turns out there is an important collection of William MacTaggart's work! I'm a fan so , interesting to know that :D

I don't think there was then - He just had various sculptures that he'd collected all over the place and was terribly proud of. Our interest was somewhat muted by our state. We'd been out for at least a couple of hours in the sort of rain which no clothing can keep completely out :lol: - you know the sort - it seeps up sleeves, down collars etc. We didn't have any dry stuff to change into and the place was freezing :lol: :(
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 pm

A wonderful set of pics :clap: I agree that Harris is the as beautiful as anywhere I've ever been.
johnkaysleftleg
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   Corbetts:11
Fionas:11   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Postby Anne C » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Past my sell by date - yes, whatever he had at the time wouldn't make much difference anyway in those conditions, I know them well :D

John - thank you and glad you enjoyed the pics!
Anne C
Walker

Munros:142   Corbetts:30
Fionas:34   Donalds:29
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:57

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland