walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn Gorm, Meall Garbh, Carn Mairg & Meall nan Aighean

Carn Gorm, Meall Garbh, Carn Mairg & Meall nan Aighean

Postby markscotsman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Gorm, Càrn Mairg, Creag Mhòr (Meall na Aighean), Meall Garbh (Càrn Mairg)

Date walked: 17/10/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Parked up in the car park at Invervar. I followed the Invervar burn, which is beautiful. Then took the path to the right after the tree line. Headed East to the Munro of Meall nan Aighean (981m). Continuining on to the top Meall Liath (1012m), then th...e Munro of Carn Mairg (1041m). Followed the ridge round to the top of Meall a Bharr and onto the Munro of Meall Garbh. Finally took in the top of An Sgorr (924m) and the final Munro of Carn Gorm (1029m). Got some nice sunrise pictures at the start of the walk, the weather began to close in and after the first summit I was in cloud cover until my decent off of Carn Gorm, it's very appropriate that it translates as blue hill as that was the colour of me by this time :-) Took 6 1/2 hours to complete.
markscotsman
Munro compleatist

Munros:243   Corbetts:142
Fionas:152   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:7   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland