walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Clag-tastic at Meall Odhar

Clag-tastic at Meall Odhar

Postby Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Date walked: 07/09/2014

Time taken: 0.95 hours

Distance: 3.5 km

Ascent: 290m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Quickly dashing up the one Top of Glas Maol that I hadn't visited earlier in the summer. On the way from Aberdeen, after a couple of days, before heading south.

After a wet, cloudy day when walking some of these hills from Caenlochan glen ... it was a windy, claggy day again. So the only views were of the ski tows and tracks, but mostly of my own boots as I got my head down for the dash up and back.

DSCF5220.jpg
Top of ski tows towards Cairnwell

From memory, the mountain weather forecast had been for winds of 30 mph or so at Munro height. Tolerable for a quick dash to the top, but it'd not have been a good day to spend much longer or add other, higher summits. Instead, I soon rejoined my brother at the car.

DSCF5221.jpg
Cloud ceiling southwards

As is the way of things, we enjoyed a fine sunny end of the afternoon once further south in East Lothian, where I went for a wander and visited an Earth-house.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Driftwood
Mountain Walker

Munros:244   Corbetts:60
Fionas:35   Donalds:27+23
Sub 2000:19   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland