walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Auchnafree Hill

Auchnafree Hill

Postby Coop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Route description: Auchnafree Hill from Loch Turret

Corbetts included on this walk: Auchnafree Hill

Date walked: 02/02/2018

Time taken: 4.2 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 490m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Remember to take the next left ( at Hosh) after the Famous Grouse distillery!!!

Or spend 40 mins driving round the countryside.

Eventually got up the 10mph track and beyond that it's a bit of a boneshsker to the wee car park by Loch Turret.

Met a lad at the car park and I caught up with him and we walked together today - wee change for me.
Bit of company, exchange stories about hills, took our time and enjoyed it.

Past the modern style building? Over the fence and a good walk along the loch. Turned right and up - where the snow started getting a bit deeper - probably all blown down after yesterday's wind.
Pick a point near the top of the path to head left and up.
Up to the top- but no small cairn anymore :( even though the base of it is still visible. And it's the highest point.
So it was over to the larger cairn and sit and have lunch and admire the views. Good visibility all round today and not much wind.
Back the way we came and I managed to pay the shop in the Grouse distillery a visit on the way back

Excellent day out with company for a change.
Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Re: Auchnafree Hill

Postby Bert Barnett » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 am

Enjoyed your company too Alec. The Weasel Master is Al Deering and it was a second set of Donalds he had completed .
I thought you had said a second set of Grahams,which was quite newsworthy as my knowledge was that myself and Ken Whyte were the only double Graham completers. I hope your flag photos were OK. You should really get a camera that has a screen suitable for the outdoors! I will look out for your posts in future. Best from Bert
Bert Barnett
Mountain Walker

Re: Auchnafree Hill

Postby Coop » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:53 am

Hullo again Bert. It was good walking with you. Cheers. The pictures were great.
Good luck with your Grahams again. It'll be another Corbett this week hopefully. Either over kinlochleven way or St. Fillans.
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland