walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ime

Ben Ime

Postby andyroog » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Date walked: 23/05/2008

Distance: 19 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This walk started on a wet dull day just off the A83 a small car park NN2406 os map 364 an area exists here for a few cars only this route continues on up past a waterfall and then a dam leading to bhealach a mhaim which on this day was like spaghetti junction with people all over I think because this area gets you to the cobbler and the narnain boulders and back to loch long car park
From the bhealach a mhaim it’s a straight forward walk up grass slopes but that thick fog turned up again and I could not see a thing no point using camera here however I navigated to the summit with gps,map,and compass so was impressed with myself because it was disorientating at times and had to stop to refocus my eyes ever thing was just white all around me you can plan ahead but nothing can be done about weather eh!
Beinn Ime summit cairn.JPG
andyroog
Scrambler

Munros:21   
Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:15   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland