walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Finally made it...up Tap o' Noth!

Finally made it...up Tap o' Noth!

Postby KatTai » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Route description: Tap o' Noth, near Rhynie

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Tap o'Noth

Date walked: 22/02/2018

Time taken: 1.3 hours

Distance: 5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my third attempt at heading up to Tap o' Noth...the first time the nice weather forecast turned out to be big black clouds with very heavy rain and the more recent attempt I never even made it over the Cairn o' Mount road because it was closed due to black ice! Both these times my mum was supposed to be coming with me, but she was at work today so I headed up by myself. No icy roads, no heavy thundery rain just a lovely sunny day and a nice wander up a wee hill! It's a simple walk, follow the trail (which is signposted though one signpost is broken) which goes all the way to the summit. And then follow the trail back down again! Hill fort at the top to provide a bit of interest, overall a very pleasant if short walk but there is only sheep lower down the man part of the hill was sheep-free so Moss could run!

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

a.jpg

19.jpg
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:55   
Islands:32

Re: Finally made it...up Tap o' Noth!

Postby dogplodder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Love the shot of your dog wth her paw on the the gate! :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Re: Finally made it...up Tap o' Noth!

Postby KatTai » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

dogplodder wrote:Love the shot of your dog wth her paw on the the gate! :D

Had a lot of fun with the gate, she can go over stiles but for whatever reason the one there wasn't obvious enough! Though she did manage to slip through the gate!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:55   
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland