walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben chonzie the heather hill

Ben chonzie the heather hill

Postby RandalsRambles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Route description: Ben Chonzie via Glen Lednock

Munros included on this walk: Ben Chonzie

Date walked: 24/02/2018

Time taken: 4.1 hours

Distance: 11.6 km

Ascent: 750m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Set out for my 2nd Munro today after deciding to change my tac and tackle singular munros while over winter after my failed attempt at Carn Laith last week. This was a easy No2, still get amazed at the variations in hills of similar height. Beautiful Scottish day crisp, dry and cloudless. Easy find and decent parking, track road takes you too 200m of summit. Was glad of my microspikes - track was covered in frozen snow and then summit was covered also, meant l could take advantage of the views the full way up. It is defo the heathery hill - scenically not the finest lve appreciated on the route up. But still felt nice to get to the summit and appreciate the view. Great beginner level munro.
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
RandalsRambles
Hill Bagger

Munros:11   
Wainwrights:1   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland