walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report Winners - February

Walk Report Winners - February

Postby Webtogs » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 am

Date walked: 06/03/2018

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The time has finally come to announce our February walk report winners. Apologies that this is reaching you late, the beast from the East gave us a battering and that meant that many of our colleagues were snowed in! Fortunately it looks like most of February provided good walking weather - or at least eventful walk reports!

As always they have been a true pleasure to read, but we can only have two prize winners. For the first prize of £60 to spend at Webtogs we chose 'Mission to 'create a new hill walker' by Mountainlove. We loved hearing about your adventure with Kevin and the contrast in weather between the two days, and felt that a mission accomplished deserved a reward.

For the runner's up prize of £30 to spend at Webtogs we decided to go with 'Sgurr na Stri - no strife this time around' by Anne C. We loved the idea of a throwback style report and it was great to see Sgurr na Stri in all it's glory in pictures. The combination of great write up and breathtaking pictures made this report a joy to read.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit a walk report this month, we look forward to hearing about your adventures over March.
Webtogs
Munro compleatist

Re: Walk Report Winners - February

Postby Graeme D » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Congratulations both! :clap:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Anne C » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Wow - thank you so much!! Couldn't believe it when the email came in this morning! So glad you enjoyed the report and pics.I wrote it just to add to the wee set of reports on the hill, as I love devouring what others have experienced/done/got photos of, in the lead up to a walk.

Congratulations to mountainlove (whose reports I always love - such adventures!) It's a joy to introduce someone new to Munros, as well as a bit of a worry - will they, won't they like it /hate me for this etc :roll:

Thanks Graeme :D
Anne C
Walker

Munros:142   Corbetts:30
Fionas:34   Donalds:29
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:57

Postby Mountainlove » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Brilliant news...Many thanks Webtogs!!
Love my new Osprey backpack which the winning money went towards :clap:

Well done to you Anne as well!! Your pictures are amazing and I really enjoyed your report as well :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland