walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

DUMYAT -short but nice

DUMYAT -short but nice

Postby blueyed » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Route description: Dumyat from Blairlogie

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumyat

Date walked: 23/10/2010

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 6 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

i did that hill in spring last year. was lucky to have a lovely day with great visibility and views (for most of the day).
i left my car at the car park at the old kirk and started ascent. at first path was pretty rough, then i remember going thru the tunnel in rhododendron bushes (that was actually really nice) before reaching a view point. great views to stirling castle and wallace monument. later on path went thru lovely forest which was a nice thing too as the whole ground, all around was covered in bluebells, millions! after passing the forest, path goes thru open moorland (with sheep and stuff) and then gently leads up to the dumyat summit with views to clackmamanshire, grangemouth or even as far as pentland hills.
i have to mention that weather was really mercifull on that day as rainy clouds were all around but never got close to dumyat.

nice walk :)
more pictures at http://around-scotland.blogspot.com/search/label/dumyat
Attachments
DSC_0157.jpg
down to blairlogie
DSC_0172.jpg
viewpoint
DSC_0179.jpg
bluebells
DSC_0185_1.jpg
DSC_0189_2.jpg
towards ben lomond
DSC_0202_1.jpg
rain over campsie fells
DSC_0203.jpg
rain up north
DSC_0211.jpg
ben cleugh
DSC_0215.jpg
clackmananshire, grangemouth, pentlands hills from dumyat
DSC_0218.jpg
dumyat the summit
blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Re: DUMYAT -short but nice

Postby mountain coward » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 am

Torrential rain over the Campsies! Looks a really nice walk - must look up where it is - could be a good stop-off on the way further north...

There's obviously someone else in our village likes it as they've named their house after it!
mountain coward

Postby LeithySuburbs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:36 pm

MC - great wee leg stretch if you were coming up from Yorkshire. Too close to home for me to think about in those terms so it falls in the pre-Sunday-lunch-with-family-exercise category for me :) .
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby Jockstar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

LS - This is only a couple of hundred yards from where I work and I still haven't ventured onto the Ochils ! After seeing the photos will have to get out there..also the Glen at Tilly and Ben Cleuch.. :)
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland