walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a' Chuallaich

Beinn a' Chuallaich

Postby Coop » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Chuallaich

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chuallaich

Date walked: 22/03/2018

Time taken: 3.75 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 650m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not much to say.
Treated to 2 deer running along the road in Killin and a red squirrel
Early start and parked by the gate. Walking at half 8.
Mist was down. Snow was wet so no need for the hardware.
Navigation came into play once or twice. Easy to do and a note to others when out in winter and you're in clag. I overshot the wee top on the way back and ended up going towards loch errochty which I knew I shouldn't have. Stopped and sorted it out and got back going the right way towards the wee lochan. Goggles are a big help I feel as well when all is white around you.
No views really. Normally you can puck out schiehallion from every mountain - alas not today!
Nice trig and large cairn beside each other
One thing about the trig point which was nice to see. It still had it's centre piece at top with it's inscription - " Ordnance survey triangulation station"
Went into lawers hotel and filed my coffee cup before going along to sit at the roadworks. They let us all through about half 2 ish so not too bad.

Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland