walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - Ruin 1 Mile North of Loch Ordie

CCP - Ruin 1 Mile North of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Date walked: 01/04/2018

Time taken: 4.3 hours

Distance: 25.8 km

Ascent: 378m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The alarm was set for 5:30am and after several false starts it was just shy of 8am before I eventually got out of bed.

It was a beautiful morning so I wanted to get up to Dunkeld to keep up the good work after two 16 miles walks the previous week.

A few cars in the car park and a dog walker was heading off just ahead of me as I set off on a cool and clear morning.

My timings were very similar to last week (34:28 to Mill Dam, 57:27 to Raor Lodge and 01:33 to the bridge at the far end of Loch Ordie).

An overnight freeze meant that the track north of Loch Ordie wasn't quite as wet as last week so more enjoyable to walk on and a bonus of a dozen deer grazing quite close to the track and just keeping an eye on me.

As usual, music on for the return leg.

Pace was decent, legs were starting to feel it near the end but a moving average of 3.6mph was decent.

Hopefully something left in the tank for tomorrow (if the weather is decent).
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland