walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

mount blair

mount blair

Postby munrojo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Route description: Mount Blair

Fionas included on this walk: Mount Blair

Date walked: 20/03/2009

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

thought id write a small note about mount blair set off around 1130 yesterday from home in fife across the tay to dundee where we changed cars and carried on with my mates ivan, and wulls, to lower glen shee area from blairgowrie to the hamlet of cray off the b951 the road through glen isla. set off from the car which we parked a bit forward opposite the gate where the track leads all the way to the summit and the scar on the landscape called a transmitter "those who dissaprove say aye" :( about an hour to the top we got there and had a break for lunch good sunny weather on the summit i noticed the toposcope had plates removed showing the munros in its sites can anyone tell me if its been the weather through the time this structure was errected, or hopefully not ,foul play to gain trophies. :shock:
IMG001 [].JPG
halfway up
PICT0034 [].JPG
the walk near the summit
PICT0040 [].JPG
the summit cairn
PICT0037 [].JPG
the toposcope with the missing plates
PICT0038 [].JPG
the scar on the landscape
PICT0046 [].JPG
the view across glen shee and clova
PICT0032 [].JPG
tia my bro's dog
PICT0042 [].JPG
the orange transmitter base
all in all agood day out and a fine walk before i hit the munro's again next month cheers
munrojo

Munros:188   Corbetts:4
Fionas:3   Donalds:1

Re: mount blair

Postby Paul Webster » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Thankyou - the pics look like they are good ones - great weather - but they are a bit small :o You can put them on at anything upto 640 pixels across.

the toposcope had plates removed showing the munros in its sites

Toposcope? I'm intrigued - I'm going to have to climb this hill now, transmitter on top or not :D
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland