walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lenrick Hill and Innerdouny Hill

Lenrick Hill and Innerdouny Hill

Postby rob munbett » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Innerdouny Hill, Lendrick Hill

Date walked: 28/04/2018

Distance: 12.3 km

Ascent: 529m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I had a free Saturday morning and the weather seemed set reasonably fair so I headed off early-ish from Glasgow over the Clackmannanshire Bridge to Dunning Glen to have a stroll on these two subs. I parked at the end of the forest road which was the start for the Lendrick Hill walk (signed). It was an easy walk up the road, following the white markers until there was a small cairn and a white marking indicating the route up a forest break.
P1030884(1).JPG
The start of the forest break
It was steep and slippery in places but I was soon out of the trees to follow a clear track across the moorland to a style before the final slopes to the summit.
P1030876(1).JPG
Lendrick Hill from the top of the forest break
I stood for a while looking over to Innerdouny Hill, Loch Leven and the Lomonds.
P1030878(1).JPG
Looking over to Innerdouny Hill
Back at the car, I didn't bother taking off my boots before driving the short distance up the glen to Littlerig where there was a good car park and a great forest road leading to Innerdouny Hill. At the Y junction, I ignored the yellow arrow marker and took the right fork towards the hill. This is an easy walk if one takes the correct route: there are several inviting looking forest breaks on the right as the road is ascended but these merely lead to chaos and misery. I kept on the road until a high point at NO038076 where there was a clear ascent to the summit, following a path beside the fence at the edge of the trees
P1030889(1).JPG
Leave the forest road here and follow the fence
. I followed this through a break in a dyke and soon reached the summit trig, virtually at the same time as the rain.
P1030885(1).JPG
The fence-line leading to the wall and the summit
P1030887(1).JPG
Looking over to Lendrick Hill from the summit
So much for the forecast! It was a pleasant stroll back to the car with the showers to keep me cool.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

Re: Lenrick Hill and Innerdouny Hill

Postby bar72 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks for the report. I seem to have gotten fixated on sub2000s at the moment, waiting on the snow clearing up Kintail. Think I'll head up these tomorrow
bar72
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:189
Fionas:71   Donalds:67+40
Sub 2000:73   
Islands:14

Re: Lenrick Hill and Innerdouny Hill

Postby haylster66 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:52 pm

thanks rob, this report will keep me right this weekend
haylster66
Mountain Walker

Munros:51   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:23   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland