walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Glen at the Back of Beyond and Eas a' Chual Aluinn

The Glen at the Back of Beyond and Eas a' Chual Aluinn

by Mal Grey » Thu May 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Date walked: 31/03/2018

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Glen at the Back of Beyond and Eas a' Chual Aluinn

Postby Mal Grey » Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Absolutely stunning - some of the best photos I've seen on this site - and that is saying something :D :D

Four years ago we walked past Eas a' Chual Aluinn and stayed at the Glencoul bothy on our way up to Cape Wrath, unfortunately we weren't blessed with such stunning weather but even so I had no trouble appreciating the magic of this place; it truly stirs the soul and feels like home. Thanks for posting - this place means a lot to me :clap: :clap:

Thanks, very kind. The fact we had so many different moods and types of weather really helped the photography I think. It is a special place.

Chris Mac wrote:Stunning Mal, top stuff! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like you had an absolute belter of a time, always great to see pics taken from Canoes too, an angle I rarely see myself these days.

Thanks Chris.

Really pleased that so many folk seem to have enjoyed reading about this one, despite it being as much, or more, a canoe trip than a walking one. And there being no hills climbed in it at all! If folk are interested in the rest of the trip, have a look on SOTP, but I warn you its one heck of a long read!!! http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/55207-Pirates-of-the-Back-of-Beyond
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby Sunset tripper » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 am

A great set of photos Mal, Ive only visited the falls from above, your approach looks far better. Quite fancy visiting the stack of Glencoul one day also. Great area great report. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Sick Kid » Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 am

Wow!!! Just....wow!!! :D :D :D

That’s on the bucket list now for sure :wink:
Sick Kid
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+50
Sub 2000:364   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:13   

Postby Mal Grey » Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Thanks both!
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby Anne McNaughton » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:05 am

Great report, really enjoyed reading it....how fabulous to spend such quality time with your family.....the kids look like they loved it!!!!
Anne McNaughton
Mountaineer

24 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland