walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First munro of 2018

First munro of 2018

Postby bacon1981 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Route description: Bynack More from Glenmore

Munros included on this walk: Bynack More

Date walked: 12/05/2018

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had this weekend arranged for a while now to do a walk with a friend over on holiday. Decided on Bynack More as it was closet to home and the Aviemore weather looked ok.
Got to the car park for 10:30 and the weather was a lot better than expected, set of along the path towards the green lochan. Got there and it was quite busy but the loch was a stunning green colour, stopped for a wee bit before setting off towards the wee bridge over the Strath nethy. I think if I ever did this walk again I would cycle to this point and lock up the bikes for the return journey. The path starts to climb now but not too steep at this point, it levels off for lovely walk up to the base of the steeper ascent. The ascent is longer than it first looks but well worth it especially with the clear blue skies and good temperature for walking. Once at the top the views were amazing a panoramic view of all the other mountains still to be ticked off. We took in Bynack Beg on the way down and then cut over onto the path. The walk back was quite hot and a bike waiting at the bridge would of be great but we walked on into the shade of the trees.
bacon1981
Mountaineer

Munros:125   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland