walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Grey and windy Ben Lomond

Grey and windy Ben Lomond

Postby cjcm1980 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 21/05/2018

Time taken: 4.2 hours

Distance: 12.77 km

Ascent: 990m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The weather was great at the start lol. The first stage to the first gate was not very challenging although was through the gate the real climb began and it was pretty tough going through the next 2 gates although there was some rest bite when the ground levels off for a bit although it’s short lived when you actually start the accent to the actual summit.. when I got to this point the weather turned and the clouds rolled in I was getting hit by a 30mph wind for the rest of the accent to the summit and with being in the clouds at this point I couldn’t really much other than the path. But when I reached the summit and got my hands on the trig point I was so relieved and there was no longer any wind I also realised that I had not seen another person on the way up and realised that I had been the first person to summit that day. So I sat and had some well deserved food at the summit just looking at the trig point as I couldn’t see anything else other than grey all around me. Then on the way back down decided to listen to some music on my phone with headphones as I made my down and I still never seen another soul until I had been descending for an an hour which I found unusual seen as Ben Lomond is the most popular of the Munros. But all in all she is an amazing mountain to ascend and I bagged Munro number 1
cjcm1980
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland